The Piquante Pierre thatch, a site protected and developed by the Conservatoire d'Espaces Naturels de Lorraine, is accessible from the Menufosse pass between Basse sur le Rupt (Planois) and La Bresse.
A stubble is a high altitude meadow, a traditional Vosges identity landscape. The gradual abandonment of farms means that this type of landscape is becoming increasingly rare, with the forest reappearing and causing open landscapes to disappear.
The Piquante Pierre site owes its name to the granite block which dominates the valley at an altitude of 1008 m. This monolith bears on one of its sides a plaque in homage to the 83 maquisards shot during the Second World War.
All year long 2023
- Category of environmental heritage :
- Regional country park
- Type of natural heritage :
- Viewpoints - Orientation tables
- Mountain landscapes - Peaks - Straw fields
- Conditions of visit (individuals) :
- Visit on your own at all times
- Signposted footpaths