Situated at an altitude of 900 m above sea level and overlooking the small village of Ventron, the listed site of the Frère Joseph Hermitage is a magnificent haven of peace in the middle of nature.
In addition to the small chapel and the house of the hermit Brother Joseph Formet who lived there in the 18th century, the visitor will enjoy the peace and the particularly attractive mountain environment.
With its hiking trails, mountain bike routes, sports circuits and in winter its cross-country ski trails, the Hermitage Frère Joseph allows everyone to enjoy this site without restraint.
The ski slopes will remain closed for the 2023-2024 winter season.
- Type of amenities :
- Historic monument or place to visit
- Subject of tourist venue - historic building :
- Religious architecture
- Category of museum :
- Other places to visit
- Category of tourist venue - historic building :
- Listed historic monument (MH)
- Styles or dates of tourist venue - historic building :
- Tour languages :
- Coach park :
- Conditions of visit (individuals) :
- Visit on your own at all times
- Signposted footpaths
- Pets welcome :
- Groups welcome :
- Free :
- Location :
- In the country
- In a Regional Country Park
- In a woodland setting
- In the mountains
- Information update date :
- in the SITLOR database 23/11/2023 17:14:07